Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-06-2013 , 10:53 AM

Texture not working together with the UV texture editor

Just got into UV mapping, and I figured adding a checker texture would help me to go through my UV maps.

What I did: added a lambert, in the attribute editor i went to color - file - checker texture, then I assigned the new checker texture to my model.

What went wrong: It seems like the checker texture (the original picture) only applies to every face I have. 8x8 black/white tiles are applied to every face. If I move anything in the UV texture editor nothing happens in my perspective view. Which I belive is the whole idea with adding a checker texture.......

I want to be able to control my texture in the UV texture editor, but I can't. Why can I not? Help would be appreciated user added imageuser added image

user added image

thanks
skalman

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 2 07-06-2013 , 11:31 AM
I just tried to do the same thing on a new project. I added a cube and did the same process. Weird enough it works with the cube. I might try to export my mesh into a completely new scene and see if that works. But I wanna know where i went wrong ...

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 3 07-06-2013 , 12:50 PM
EduSciVis-er
It sounds like you might have an additional UV set. And so the UV TE is showing one uv set, but the 3D view is still showing the default one.

# 4 07-06-2013 , 03:15 PM

# 5 07-06-2013 , 08:08 PM
Super Moderator
Deja vu @_@. I know I saw you having this problem before(am I losing my mind? lol). Also check you're uv projection options to see if you have it set to create new uv sets.

- Genny