Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-08-2008 , 03:14 AM
Subscriber

freesmguy tutorial

I am trying to follow the free tutorial from sm of the little rounded cartoon guy (frank?) ive followed it all pretty well in part 1, but i've come to do the arms and suddenly nothings working. when i select control vertices, and try to move or scale them they are just frozen, and wont budge. i was getting a warning at the bottom of the screen, edit uv mode not enabled? any ideas?

# 2 26-08-2008 , 04:57 AM
Subscriber
i saved my smguy workspace and model so far, and came out of it, reloaded, and I could move things about fine. It seems to be when i add new isoparms that i start getting trouble. maybe there are some options that i should check/uncheck when inserting new isoparms? this is really frustrating!

# 3 26-08-2008 , 08:35 AM
Banned
Bumping this as I also have (or more correctly had) the same problem. Probably just an option we have turned off or something...?

# 4 26-08-2008 , 09:05 AM
Subscriber
from the sound of that error, it sounds like you are trying to select UV's instead of CV's

When you go on surface UV's you will get this warning:
Warning: Edit UV Mode is not enabled on (object name). UVs will not be selectable. //

# 5 26-08-2008 , 10:40 PM
Subscriber
i was definitely choosing control vertex. the only options ive been using to model with, as in the tutorial, are isoparms, cvs, and hull.I've only just noticed under hull is where uv's are, having read the reply. but that is the error message that comes up.

# 6 26-08-2008 , 10:45 PM
Subscriber
When I load the scene afresh, I can select and then move the c.v's about fine. When I go to add isoparms, I check it in the rmb mark up menu, but then i get the edit uv mode is not enabled on... warning.

# 7 26-08-2008 , 11:16 PM
Banned
You are using Maya 7 right? The problem stopped occuring for me when I switched to Maya 8.

# 8 26-08-2008 , 11:44 PM
Subscriber
I am using maya 8.5 PLE

# 9 05-09-2008 , 07:38 PM
yes,cool,