Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-01-2011 , 03:33 PM

Render View

One simple question. Is there a way to scroll through all the renders you create to compare one with another? I only seem to see the one and don't know how to backtrack?

Thanks
Terry

# 2 13-01-2011 , 03:42 PM
On top of the render window there is a button named 'keep image'. Once you press the keep image button a scroll bar appears. You can even save the image and watch it on any image viewer software.

Mahesh

# 3 13-01-2011 , 05:31 PM
EduSciVis-er
Yes, there's also a trash image to remove it from the queue once you don't need to compare it anymore. I wish by default Maya would keep the images in the queue, and then you could trash them, cause it's hard to remember to hit keep image all the time.

# 4 13-01-2011 , 07:14 PM

Yes, there's also a trash image to remove it from the queue once you don't need to compare it anymore. I wish by default Maya would keep the images in the queue, and then you could trash them, cause it's hard to remember to hit keep image all the time.

Thanks guys. I knew that scroll bar had to do something. And yes I agree, by default Maya should save all renders that could be deleted at will.

While I'm on the subject of Render View, how do I change the background colour from black? Also how do you render on an alpha background so you can save as a png?

Thanks again
Terry

# 5 13-01-2011 , 07:17 PM
EduSciVis-er
The background color I believe is under the camera attributes (panel menu: view > select camera > attribute editor) under environment color or something similar. I believe the background color should not be included in the alpha channel, so if you open up a file in a format that supports the alpha channel, the background should be interpreted as transparent (regardless of what color you set it as). Hope that helps.

# 6 13-01-2011 , 07:40 PM

The background color I believe is under the camera attributes (panel menu: view > select camera > attribute editor) under environment color or something similar. I believe the background color should not be included in the alpha channel, so if you open up a file in a format that supports the alpha channel, the background should be interpreted as transparent (regardless of what color you set it as). Hope that helps.

Brilliant! Thanks Stwert, another mystery cleared up. I'm getting there, albeit very sloooowly.

# 7 13-01-2011 , 07:43 PM
EduSciVis-er
By the way, not sure if you're aware of it, but you can check your alpha channel by clicking the icon (white circle in black bkgd) in the render view. And the other icon (RGB circle) to get back to the RGB render.

# 8 13-01-2011 , 10:29 PM
Oh yeah, thanks again, Stwert. BTW, this was done in Cheetah. The goal is to be able to do it in Maya and see what difference it will make.

Cheers
Terry

Attached Images