Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-06-2005 , 03:37 PM
Subscriber

Need help with yet another school project

Sorry, got to make this quick (at school right now). But is there anyway to rig a 2d image?

# 2 09-06-2005 , 03:51 PM
Subscriber
Here are the pix.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 09-06-2005 , 08:06 PM
Rig them to do what?

You could rig them by first projecting them onto a polygon plane that matches their outlines then binding a skeleton to each but they would still just be 2D images, like an animated piece of flexible/elastic paper.

I think that if you made 3D models, you could apply a cartoon shader to make them look 2D. By doing that, you could have them move as though you drew them from any angle and animated them like traditional cel animation.

Last edited by Velusion; 09-06-2005 at 08:10 PM.
# 4 09-06-2005 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the help, busy right now, so I wont be able to process it completely, LOL. But honestly, I dont have the time limit and skill to model and texture and all that, its due next week user added image. And to tell you the truth, I have never worked with rigging a day in my life.

# 5 11-06-2005 , 07:31 AM
then what exactly did you have in mind?

You can ways texture a flat plane with your drawing and then just move the plain around.

You can also draw several frames of your character walking, and animate the texture cycling through your various drawings.

"On the other hand... the early worm gets eaten."
# 6 11-06-2005 , 03:32 PM
Subscriber
Yes, that is right. I am just going to rigg a 2d plane, but is there an easier way than just rigging, sorry I dont really understand your animated texture thing.