Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 15-07-2006 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber

cant undo at all

well i make changes and mess up and try to undo and maya does nothing. I am not sure what has went wrong. PC died and i set everything back up like it was ...also i checked history and it is set to remember ... I have searched forum over all night. Anyone have any idea's let me know ..it is very annoying

# 2 15-07-2006 , 03:21 AM
Under window->settings/preferences->preferences you can find a settings->undo page. Have you checked those settings?
If caps lock is on ctrl+z will not work, you will have to turn caps lock off or use ctrl+shift+z. It might sound stupid but it had me puzzeled for 30 seconds.
Under window->settings/preferences->hotkeys you can change the hotkey for edit->undo. You could check that setting.
Other than that I don't have any suggestions, and you probably knew these already.
Otherwise there might be some file somewhere containing the settings, you could try to move that file to a place maya wouldn't find it, but I don't know what file that is. There might also be some command for resetting all the settings in maya, but I haven't found that either.
Hopefully you don't have to reinstall.

In the begining God created a whole lot of rigid bodies, and set some motion paths. He also set the lighting.
# 3 15-07-2006 , 11:35 AM
Subscriber
i remember once i wasnt able to undo at all. it didnt make sense. then i realised that CAPS lock was on.. stupid me. :headbang:

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 4 17-07-2006 , 03:51 PM
Subscriber
hahha stupid me ..caps lock key ..got a new keyboard and it has 3 things on almost all the buttons and it was caps and some function lock ..both i had to take off ... technology ...ack confuses me lol

# 5 17-07-2006 , 06:46 PM
ive also been having problem with the undo command, well acutlly no, the redo command, i can undo something but when i try to redo it it gose back 1 more and 1 more until i realize it not working and i stop pressing redo