Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-02-2007 , 05:05 PM

transform a character by doing some action

hai all

my animation scene is like

For example
" one character is sitting and thinking, then suddenly he got an idea and standup and start walking 2 to 3 steps near to the phone and make a call then returning to the sofa where he started and finaly get a relaxed situation."

i tried the pose to pose method , but even there is something missingin that animation like floating footsteps ...etc,,.i don't know where to concentrate in getting a smooth animation.

if u have any references or tips could u help me to improve my nextlevel of character animation.

Regards
Saravanan

Last edited by thambu_2k; 12-02-2007 at 12:40 PM.
# 2 02-02-2007 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber
check out the beginners movies that open with the app.

w= movement
e= rotate
r= scale
q= selection

put the subject where you want it, press 's', moe the time slider to what frame you want it, move the objsct to where you want it in relation to the time slider and action and press 's'.

now press 'play' and now you are an animator user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 03-02-2007 , 04:05 AM
well I'm going to assume that you are refering to keying which means that you already have your character rigged. the method of animation you probibly want to try is called "Pose to Pose" meaning that along the time line you put your character into key poses in the sequence and then fill in the motions inbetween its fast and it sets up flow and timing for your animation.

unfortunetly there aren't any good written tutorials on the subject but there are some good videos. I know that UnReal tourtoment 2k3 had some VTMs on the subject produced by 3d Buzz and Digital tutors has something similar in their character animation series.

there may be hope for you to find a tutorial though.

Good Luck