Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-10-2007 , 06:38 AM

Guitar Hero 3

:bow: :bow: :bow: Guitar Hero 3's out!:bow: :bow:
I've been living under a rock for the past few weeks with all the
tests I've been studying for and didn't notice. The best part is that it's out for all systems- Even the super nintendo!!

Okay-- maybe not the NES--but anyway it looks good and plays well too. Only thing is that there are pros that each guitar doesn't have for every system. Heres a link if you feel like going through the hyped up website. Feel free to hit the mute button when the sound effects start to get annoying.

https://www.guitarherogame.com/gh3/

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 26-10-2007 , 08:04 AM
Subscriber
So... hows the game work?
Do the controllers work like a normal guitar?
It looks like it could be good fun though.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 3 27-10-2007 , 06:28 PM

Originally posted by Some Guy
So... hows the game work?
Do the controllers work like a normal guitar?
It looks like it could be good fun though.

Well, you do have to buy the guitar controller which will run you about $50... But the game pretty much works like a karaoke machine, except with a guitar. There's a lot of old school rock on there which are fun. I think if you know how to play a real guitar, it's still a good buy though. It's not worth the rent. Either buy it or don't cause you'll waste $100 on the rent rather than $110 to keep it forever, or at least until when the Xbox 720, Playstation 4 and the Nintendo whatever comes out. user added image

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 4 28-10-2007 , 01:29 PM
Ha ha, looks like fun.

I play guitar, and I can play quite a few off that list, so I would probably give it a miss, although if someone had it I would give it a whirl!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 29-10-2007 , 12:03 AM
If you're PC only then you can still have guitar hero style fun with frets on fire, an open source clone.

https://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

When you see the picutre of how to play it with your keyboard then it all makes sense user added image
you can even mod it and add your own songs in toouser added image

Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net