Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-12-2009 , 09:10 AM

Animation Preview Lags

Hi guys,

Sorry if this question was asked before. But I am having problems viewing my animation in maya. Well if I use a basic poly sphere key it and just move it from one point to another... it moves fine in the frame rate I want it to be.

But when I modeled a Spaceship (with texture and lighting) and when I do the same animation like the sphere it really moves very slowly. Even when I play it back in wireframe mode still there is no changes. I am guessing its my graphic card but if anyone can give me some tips it would really be helpful.

NVIDIA GeForce G 103M
Processor is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU t6400 @ 2.00Ghz

Thank you

# 2 06-12-2009 , 08:46 PM
Technical Director
This is completely normal. There is a lot more data that needs to be processed with your space ship, than with a sphere. Unfortunately, there really isn't a fix for it besides upgrading your computer, which doesn't guarantee a better experience.

What you should do, is right click on the time line, and click playblast. This will go through each frame, and create a movie of your entire animation. This will ensure a smooth playback speed.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 06-12-2009 , 09:51 PM
Thank you very much it worked.

Cheers

# 4 06-12-2009 , 10:47 PM
Technical Director
No problem mate. Glad to help out another Ontarian user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 06-12-2009 , 11:27 PM
Was about to say the same thing user added image

cheers!

Tahsin