Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-12-2010 , 03:19 PM

normal map and uv map 2011

hi good day every1
i facing a serious problem while i am doing for my col project,
after i finish my robot modeling
i starting to do a texturing on my robot but after i done texture it looks so ugly..
then i try do some research on texture tutorial
it contain tutorial like uvs, normal map, texture skill with ps.
i wonder how to do a perfect texture it it like 1st step is uvs continue v normal and last stepis texture on it??
can u all pls help me
thks in a million user added image

# 2 13-12-2010 , 03:49 PM
Administrator
Hey omegaend,

Why don't you try watching Mike's free tutoral on normal mapping a brick wall.
https://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-...=156&sub_cat=0
It's really good and goes over a lot of different things, it covers a bit on UV tools as well so it might be enough to get you started and giving you a bit more of a clue. We have a lot of texture painting in photoshop as well, it's in the shading and texturing section.

Hope it turns out well,
Nilla

# 3 13-12-2010 , 03:53 PM
thks Nilla i will try to look on it
and appreciate it much^^

# 4 13-12-2010 , 04:39 PM
I have not seen your model. Does it require a normal map? Normal maps are used to give the illusion of depth similar to bump maps. They are typically used in a modeling workflow moving from a super hi poly sculpt mesh to a low poly modeling mesh + normal maps.

The site has a number of excellent tutorials on laying out uv's. It's not always necessary to UV every single piece as basic materials and procedural shader networks can be used in many cases unless you intend to paint every part by hand.

If your model does not require normal mapping then the workflow would be as follows -
Build the mesh, assign materials, uv layout, texture paint.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 01-02-2011 at 04:43 PM.
# 5 15-12-2010 , 04:27 PM
hi ctbram.. actually i don have idea about uvs.. i saw some of tut they using normal maps make more realistic... i still new to mapping skill or unfold technique....even texture modeluser added image

# 6 30-01-2011 , 06:59 PM
Hi omegaend, I know your pain, I'm having a hard time textures and shaders as well, I still need to understand UVS better and how to work with them.

# 7 01-02-2011 , 07:34 AM
hi vortex this is pain through all over my over body and my head keep spining n spining........user added image