Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-05-2003 , 11:43 AM

Skinning/Binding problem

I know this should go in the animation forum but Im not sure a lot of people look there.ok, I have a box-man character that I made and a skeleton all ready and placd into it.But, when I bind the skeleton to the boxman I get a lot of problems.It seems to pull some of the other boxes and it doesnt bind properly to the proper boxes.I dont know whats happened but Im having this problem all over the skeleton and model.Im a total newbie to skinning and binding. Here is a pic of the problem.I hope someone can help... user added image

Black_Robe

''Where do we go now?Where do we go now?...''
# 2 18-05-2003 , 11:44 AM
here is a pic of the skin weights on the wrist joint...Im using AniMan btw...user added image

Black_Robe

# 3 18-05-2003 , 07:09 PM
Subscriber
you need to repaint ur weights
i wud suggest using rigid bind for this as its a very simple character

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 18-05-2003 , 07:51 PM
I surgest you just parent the boxes to the bones instead. cos basically its gona end up doing the same thing. parenting is better for doing things like robots and stuff

FX supervisor - double negative
# 5 19-05-2003 , 12:46 PM
can you please explain to me how to parent them?Should I parent the boxes tot he joints or the joints to the boxes? Im a newbie....user added image

Black_Robe

# 6 19-05-2003 , 01:30 PM
Parent the boxes to the joints mate...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 7 19-05-2003 , 09:46 PM
thanks guys, it works a treat user added image

Black_Robe