Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-12-2009 , 08:28 AM
Subscriber

Cleaning up Uv Sets and creating New UV sets "Error While Parsing Arguments"

Hello I was going over an old UV mapping tutorial, and I was trying to Create 2 uv sets to then create snapshots for texturing.

When I select all uv's in one Quadrant, and try to copy uv's to new UV set. I keep getting "error while parsing arguments"
user added image
I also noticed, that there were a lot of uv sets. these perhaps where created while doing projections.

user added image

Someone at another maya forum had given me a script to delete all sets and keeping map 1, but I wasn't able to get it to clean up and delete all these sets when I executed script. As a result, I still get same "error while parsing arguments. I also tried deleting history. Now I feel like I hit a brick wall :headbang:

Has anyone had a similar problem before? or any detour or approach to finally do snapshots of these two sets?

I would greatly appreciate any clues.

"It is Difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet"
-Miyamoto Musashi-