Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 22-01-2010 , 05:37 PM

Castle

Here is something that ive been playing with to learn more about lighting, water shader, paint effects and FG

user added image

user added image

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward
# 2 23-01-2010 , 12:31 AM
Super Moderator
That looks nice, the angle really plays up the big, crisp sky and who doesn't like a fresh sunny day. The bridge looks too clean. But the biggest issue I have is with the water, it has no depth and its not interacting with the bridge and land mass.

- Genny
# 3 23-01-2010 , 07:20 PM
Thanks for your comment Genny

i got 2 agree with u about the water, i was using the Mia shader and i have applied the refraction depth but for some reason the water shader always had a give and take problems. i tried loads of ways to fixing it but ended up getting something totally off. but anyways i will do another render and if it still not getting there then im ganna post thread over at the newbie section asking for Help user added image

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward
# 4 23-01-2010 , 10:17 PM
Subscriber
it looks cool but something seems off... like the bridge is mega tiny and so is the land that its sitting on (due to the textures) and it's making the castle look really tiny since its so close but then the castle doesn't look like it should be tiny at all.

or it seems like the bridge doesn't belong there... not sure hard to explain..

but you can make more interesting outdoor scenery than me so that makes you awesome!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 25-01-2010 , 07:45 AM
maybe it looks small cuz of its perspective distortion, my focal length was really low, but you could be right and now i think about it i should have made the castle bigger.

you know wat Chirone i'm ganna listen to wat u said and try and adjust those parts of the scene.

thanks for saying im awesome yet im still a Generalist in this field and every time i get across a new chapter i see amazing things about Maya.

user added image

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward
# 6 26-01-2010 , 05:47 AM

Re: Castle

nice model dear , can u post the close up shot of the castle

# 7 27-01-2010 , 05:40 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
i do like this but it kinda feels like the land and the water were composited in different packages
also atmosphere is abit dry if you get what im talking about