Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 02-08-2010 , 06:21 PM
EduSciVis-er
That's a pretty huge image, not everyone has that big a monitor. Might be better to have a link to a larger size.

Are you using FG for your hdri in the image? Maybe try increasing the accuracy or density? Not really very experienced with rendering, so can't say for sure. But I have had issues with spottiness using FG.

# 17 03-08-2010 , 01:17 AM
I'm not even sure where all my files are for the various 350's ive done but i was thinking of just rendering out all the cars i have done individually and chronologically for the sake of it. More about having the time than anything now.

# 18 04-08-2010 , 11:43 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Joey81
hmmm
i noticed just now that on the Veyron & fiat has little white spots on the nose. Is it from too much light? or why. Which value is not good ?

nah man! that's bug residue! hehehe

cars look good tho user added image

finish texturing the old school muscle car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

# 19 04-08-2010 , 11:53 PM
Subscriber
twisteddragon: ahhh shame on you user added image Anyway, you could post some nice 350 user added image

Ataraxy: hahahahaaa user added image My friend told the same. You could ve washed 'em....

I'm on it. Turbo.i.e decal just finished. I ll go to the tires now. user added image I love cubic cars from the 80-90s.. They re the best to beat the shit from the new brands user added image

Originally posted by Ataraxy
nah man! that's bug residue! hehehe

cars look good tho user added image

finish texturing the old school muscle car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

# 20 05-08-2010 , 12:11 AM
Lifetime Member
Do the 'Supernatural' car Joey...67 Chevy Impala??? one nice car. New cars ALL look good but sci-fi...old muscle cars have CHARACTER. If you get a chance have a look at Holden Monaro's look at the HG, HK, and HT nice..then look at the new Monaro....looks nice but no character.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 21 05-08-2010 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber
hey mate user added image

Today was the first day in my life to see a challenger (the old one). BRrrrrr it has a nice sound. I'm not an american car fan, but huhhhhh... v8 sound user added image
Saw the new one earlier. dont give a ....... That wont be a legendary car 4 sure.

I agree with you 99% user added image

Originally posted by bullet1968
Do the 'Supernatural' car Joey...67 Chevy Impala??? one nice car. New cars ALL look good but sci-fi...old muscle cars have CHARACTER. If you get a chance have a look at Holden Monaro's look at the HG, HK, and HT nice..then look at the new Monaro....looks nice but no character.

cheers bullet

# 22 05-08-2010 , 12:37 AM
Lifetime Member

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 23 05-08-2010 , 04:09 AM
Actually i recently gave my 350 and my just finished Celica to my friend I-Iybrid to texture as im incapable of it. When hes done i can post. I dont think i have anything textured.

But heres a pic i like of the 2009 camaro concept i did a while back, I missed a lot of stuff on the car and might go back to fix it... Might be a good switch from my 350Z modeling. Besides i should upgrade to the 370 Z anyway.

If you are interested i can render out a new one of my latest 350 and my celica tomorrow but they will be untextured.

Attached Thumbnails

# 24 05-08-2010 , 11:09 AM
Subscriber
Nice modelling. Sure I'm intrested in! Its very good to see other pictures. I can learn a lot
Send some v6 next time user added image

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
Actually i recently gave my 350 and my just finished Celica to my friend I-Iybrid to texture as im incapable of it. When hes done i can post. I dont think i have anything textured.

But heres a pic i like of the 2009 camaro concept i did a while back, I missed a lot of stuff on the car and might go back to fix it... Might be a good switch from my 350Z modeling. Besides i should upgrade to the 370 Z anyway.

If you are interested i can render out a new one of my latest 350 and my celica tomorrow but they will be untextured.