Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-07-2003 , 10:07 AM

question to cameras

question 01
is there a possibility to create from the current perspective view a camera view, bestly a camera with aim?

question 02
i have a camera with aim and want to place the aim, i can´t place freely. it seems the camera is fasten at the aim.
the distance between them is always the same. this problem brings me in trouble. probably i have made a setting, but i don´t know which one.

# 2 09-07-2003 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber
answer 01: your perpective view is only a camera itself. so you could create a new camera with aim and snap it to the position of your persp camera. if you dont see it (default) just go to outliner and make the persp camera visible so you know where to place the new cam. it might work with duplicating it, but then you might not have a aim automatically.

answer 02: the aim can move freely. you might have selected not only the aim, but the whole camera group. check in outliner that only the aim is selected when you move.

# 3 09-07-2003 , 07:48 PM
hi babyduck,

to answer 01: it goes pretty well.

to answer 02: i know that camera and aim are two different objects. now, at the moment i can´t find the file in which this described problem has happened.
but i remember that i had chosen the camera, and when i moved it, the aim followed as if there was a cable between them.

thank you for replying, colomea

# 4 10-07-2003 , 09:07 AM
Subscriber
mhh, then i dont know how to fix the aim that follows. i always get frustrated when i clik the cam, and need to click the down key to really only have the cam :p

# 5 11-07-2003 , 09:40 PM
in meantime my workflow with the camera is ok. but can you tell me what´s the meaning when i select the camera and it´s getting a magenta colour.
pressing down-key is ok.

# 6 14-07-2003 , 12:29 PM
hi babyduck,
i´ve found a situation, here it is a light source with aim, in which i can´t place the light aim where i want to, because the light follows with a certain distance. surely there is a simple result to fix it.

regards, colomea

Attached Thumbnails