SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / baking contour renter into texture.

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

07-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #1
goggles

baking contour renter into texture.
Is there a way in maya or another software to bake the contour render into the texture image? lets say i have a house model and want contours on all corner edges to create a comic 2d effect. Can i do this in one shot render and bake the 3d data into texture.
29-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #2
lorinarel
Banned

I went to the cinema the other day and in the front row was an old man and with him was his dog. It was a sad funny kind of film, you know the type. In the sad part, the dog cried his eyes out, and in the funny part, the dog laughed its head off. This happened all the way through the film. After the film had ended, I decided to go and speak to the man."That's the most amazing thing I've seen," I said. "That dog really seemed to enjoy the film."The man turned to me and said, "Yeah, it is. He hated the book."
01-04-2014, 01:16 AM   #3
CollinBishop

Should be able to apply a toon shader to the model and bake a texture of it. Just make sure to enable outlines.