Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-09-2013 , 04:09 AM

HumanIK Animation problem in maya.

Hey everyone!
I am a novice animator and modeler. I have been learning how to work with Maya 2013 myself through youtube tutorials and Google. I am stuck with the HumanIK tool while trying to animate my model. I have a Biped model that is rigged and weighted properly. I just started messing around with the HumanIK because of the built in control curves it places on the skeleton.

The problem I am having is with the keyframes. I can’t really think of a way to explain it in question form so I’ll just give an explanation of what is happening. I have a 24 frame test animation. On frame 1 and 24 I have the model standing. On frame 12 I have the model translate down on the y axis a bit, so it will return to the starting position on frame 24. I then add something simple such as moving the arm to the side on frame 18. The problem is that the arm doesn't start moving on frame 1 - 18 – 24, it starts on frame 12 - 18 - 24. It seems on the timeline that when I set a keyframe the whole rig gets set instead of the control I have selected. This problem is really messing me up when I am trying to animate something more complex.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

# 2 12-09-2013 , 02:32 PM
Hi!

I have the same problem about setting the keys. In your Character Controls window, you can choose Full body mode (wich will set a key on all controlers), Body Part (if you select the right wirst and you set up a key, all the right arm will have a key) and Selection - logically this mode is suppose to put keys only on your selection, but this is where I'm stuck...

when I go in the Selection mode, none of my controlers work... This is really frustrating if you want to delete a key or add secondary movements without exploding all of your other curves...

I'll continue searching, and post here if I find anything...

(sorry for my poor english!)