Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 29-02-2012 , 11:20 AM

How do I change the order in which objects are rendered?

I am attempting to use Turtle for Maya to render environment maps for in-game use, but I am having problems with objects rendering in the wrong order, which causes decals (such as painted lines and skidmarks on a race track) to appear incorrectly. The materials are named in such a way (with prefixes such as L1_, L2_ etc) that it forces the game engine to render them in a specific order.

Is there any way to force Maya to render objects or materials in a specific order, as the game engine does?

# 2 05-03-2012 , 04:06 PM
It seems like my rendering order problem has something to do with a few very large objects in the scene (deleting them fixes the problem with the render). Is the accuracy of Maya's z-buffer related to the size of the largest object in the scene?