Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 21-01-2011 , 05:09 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Gundam Remodel

I am working on making a show reel and am remodeling the Gundam a did a while back, here is the head, everything else is just blocked out at the moment.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-01-2011 , 09:18 PM
working on detailing the body now, here is what I have got so far.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 02-02-2011 , 06:16 AM
Subscriber
Hey Ozgalis! Your gundam is coming along nicely. Are you going to go hi-res with it or do a toon render? Either way good luck with it!

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 4 02-02-2011 , 11:53 PM
thanks CG, hi-res for sure, I am currently working on beveling everything and cleaning it up so I can start UV mapping.

# 5 07-02-2011 , 06:32 PM
Still have a lot to do as far as minor details before I will be happy with it, like the neck and thigh guard I am not happy with yet, maybe fix up the legs a little more if I have time, here is where I am at atm though.

BTW the chest is duplicated and not attached yet so thats why I have that gap.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 08-02-2011 , 04:38 PM
Nice! I'm doing Wing Zero too, cant wait to see how yours turn up.

# 7 11-02-2011 , 05:02 PM
Flip: Yea I dont have time to put the wings on atm though user added image, and yea I was looking at yours its off to a great start im curious to see it finished.

Pretty much done, being forced into a few new projects. Am going to bevel the chest before i move on and add some detail to the neck...also fix that hole in the back of the chest.

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 20-02-2011 , 09:46 AM
Subscriber
there's something not quite right with it. Do you have a model of Wing Zero? (I assume it's wing zero)

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 9 21-02-2011 , 03:31 PM
Sorry about the late reply, been really busy recently. I have my buddies action figure of it, and yes it is wing zero.

It might look kind of funny because it is missing its wings? and the chest piece is not so rounded, but I fixed that just have not uploaded new photos of it. Plus the side thigh guard has more detail on the action figure but I dont have time to add them in at the moment.

# 10 21-02-2011 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
it's probably the head (kind of looks squashed in) and the cylinder for the neck that throws it off the most for me. Although I gather the neck is a stand in, but it would look better if it was skinny

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 11 23-02-2011 , 01:14 AM
I was just looking at the figure I have and your right, the head needs to be a little bigger, on the figure I have it almost touches the shoulder pads. As for the neck, it looks fine maybe a little to long, it would prob look better if I spent some time and modeled in some of the detail.

When I get a chance I will finish it up and repost.

# 12 17-04-2013 , 11:44 PM
Decided to finish this project, finished modeling for the most part...think I am going to redo the head before I map it along with the shoulder pads. Going to bring the wings in z to add some detail.

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 17-04-2013 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
good to you are coming back for this.

I know you said you're going to work on the head first but it looks like the back most wings would fall out from their brackets and there's something funny going on with the shoulder armours with the hard/soft edges

# 14 18-04-2013 , 03:45 AM
yea figured it was about time lol, I plan on remodeling the shoulder pads, was going to make some of the detail on the textures, but I have been modeling in pretty much all the details till then so why skimp out there, plus I think the overall shape of them (after looking at some references again) is off.

Edit: I will need to check the wings, I cant remember if there is a hidden piece that holds them in or if I just forgot to finish that. Lol I hope it's the first one, would feel a tad ridiculous if I forgot to finish modeling it.

Last edited by Ozgalis; 18-04-2013 at 03:50 AM.