Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-05-2007 , 01:47 AM

Vertex Coordinates

Hello, I'm rather new to Maya and was wondering if I could change the XYZ coordinates of ONE vertex. I searched the interface, the help files and the net without success.

I'm starting to think it's right there before my eyes and I'm too blind to see it :/

Thanks a lot !

# 2 09-05-2007 , 02:00 AM
Right click on your model, and a little radial-interface will pop up; choose "vertex." Now select the vertex you would like to move, and press "w" to invoke the move manipulator.

Drag the move manipulator around, and have a blast user added image

# 3 09-05-2007 , 02:05 AM
I know how to use the move tool (I'm not THAT noob) user added image

I want to be able to specify a coordinate on one of the axis. I want to be able to select a vertex and enter a specific coordinate on the Y axis (for example).

Thanks user added image

# 4 09-05-2007 , 02:09 AM
Allrighty then; I can get a bit more advanced user added image

In the lower-left corner of your screen, just below the time slider, is a white box; that is the command line. Click in there, and type the following:

move -a -_ _

Before you go nuts with that, here are a few notes:

1) DO NOT type underscores in the command line; I merely put those there becase they are variables that YOU must decide.

2) Replace the first underscore with either x, y or z, depending on which axis you want to move your selection along.

3) Replace the second underscore with any number; positive or negative. Decimals are allowed.

Press enter.

# 5 09-05-2007 , 03:46 AM
or just use the control panel :p

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 6 09-05-2007 , 05:50 AM
Subscriber
yeah, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

For something simple like this you can just select the verts and go to Window->general editors->component editor. go to polygons or whatever and type in whatever values you want for the xyz

the command panel doesn't work in world space so that won't get you what you probably want.

Last edited by Funky Bunnies; 09-05-2007 at 05:53 AM.