Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 61 24-06-2003 , 07:21 AM
Subscriber
HE HE , I’m a man of many different TRADES you might say,, I’m the kind of guy that wouldn’t want to STOCK all my eggs in one basket, Real Estate is a really good thing to get into as long as you know what to do. Plus I have a good feeling that the studio thing will work out. The only thing is completing my training, that’s the hard partuser added image

# 62 24-06-2003 , 03:20 PM
1.Nationality- Puertorican
2.Which country are you in- Puerto Rico
3.What is your job- Computer Science student
4.Where do you want to be in 2-5 years time-Any job relating to coding or programming
5. Biggest fear with regards to job-End up being a Visual Basic programmer LOLuser added image

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the person who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express their opinions courageously and honestly.
*Albert Einstein*

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington
# 63 24-06-2003 , 05:08 PM
Subscriber
My go!

1.Nationality- English
2.Which country are you in- England
3.What is your job- The English Smuggling Agency looking for ways to get Kurt and Rage into England on the cheap and on the quite...
4.Where do you want to be in 2-5 years time- England.
5.Biggest fear with regards to job- Working outside of England.

user added image

Sorry I am having a mad five minutes... it happens at times! No for the real thread:

1.Nationality- English
2.Which country are you in- England
3.What is your job- Multimedia Designer
4.Where do you want to be in 2-5 years time- Working in a creative enviroment producing stuff (not neccessarily 3D) that I really like and can feel proud of. Or finally finishing my pet project user added image.
5.Biggest fear with regards to job- Hmmm... getting paranoid about all these up and coming youngsters making me feel old and useless and getting the job before me (getting on a bit see user added image )

Rage can you tell me what 9/11 is bit thick here cos I am English and haven't heard of 9/11...

Give you a little background like the others. I started out as a lick and stick artist who was more interested in music, I learnt to play the guitar - never got to a recording studio though my big regret there. Then I worked for a publishing company I got made redundant after eighteen months and couldn't get a job cos i had no computer skills. So my mate Pat gave me a job working as a labourer on his building site - Hey Kev we have digging in common as well user added image

Then I learnt computers (couldn't stand building sites) and came back with a vengance after being outta work for nineteen months - I felt like a parafin lamp...

Then I worked for a Medical Publishers which became a Medical Marketing Company then I left took a pay drop and went on to work where I do now doing websites, multimedia presentations, DTP and SOME 3D user added image so kinda turned out rosy I suppose.

My real regret is that I discovered 3D and animation when I was 35... I wish I had chosen it at college all those years ago I didn't know at the time that they did such a coarse. Still you're never too old to learn!

Sorry to bore you all - I'll stop writing now user added image

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 64 24-06-2003 , 05:46 PM
gazzamataz

heheh to funny....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 65 24-06-2003 , 07:10 PM
The Maya Mountain
9/11 = September 11th when World Trade Center fell.

# 66 25-06-2003 , 02:38 AM
Subscriber
1.Nationality- Swiss
2.Which country are you in- Thailand
3.What is your job- self employed (Recycling Projects)
4.Where do you want to be in 2-5 years time- inside Maya
5. Biggest fear with regards to job- NONE

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.
# 67 25-06-2003 , 03:38 AM
Subscriber
1.Nationality - American
2.Which country are you in - USA
3.What is your job - Student.
4.Where do you want to be in 2-5 years time - a good college, then hopefully designing/animation/modeling for a game companey or special effects house.
5. Biggest fear with regards to job - That I won't be able to get a job in the 3D business that pays enough for me to support myself and not having anything to fall back on.

Truthfully, I am very worried about not being able to support myself. I'm putting everything I have into 3D and hoping for the best. I've heard from several people that companies hire straight out of certain colleges, so maybe I can have some luck with that. Like I said, if I don't make it as a 3D dude, I have nothing to fall back on.

Don't get me wrong though - I'm not in it for the money, I'm in it because I love 3D. I just need some reassurance that I can at least live off it. user added image

# 68 25-06-2003 , 03:40 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Axel
1.Nationality- Swiss
2.Which country are you in- Thailand
3.What is your job- self employed (Recycling Projects)
4.Where do you want to be in 2-5 years time- inside Maya
5. Biggest fear with regards to job- NONE

(Recycling Projects) ? what,,You gather up aluminum Cans for money? user added image

# 69 25-06-2003 , 06:16 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by slickrenderer

You might know the other design mantra-
Tell the client /Boss he can only have 2 of these- Good, Fast , Cheap.
ie he can have good and fast but not cheap, cheap and good but not fast...etc etc....fast and cheap but not good :-))))

WOW thats the BEST way to think about it!! Well said buddy.

1.Nationality-American
2.Which country are you in-USA
3.What is your job-Stock boy at a supermarket!!!!wOOOOt!!
4.Where do you want to be in 2-5 years time- Working at Kevin's studio!! oh i hope so!!!
5. Biggest fear with regards to job-I will ever have fear about a job.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 70 25-06-2003 , 06:44 AM
Subscriber
I guess I'm next

1.Nationality- Bulgarian
2.Which country are you in- USA (Orlando, FL)
3.What is your job- Baker at Panera Bread
4.Where do you want to be in 2-5 years time- Be someone else than who I am right now
5. Biggest fear with regards to job- Hurting myself in a way that I'll be messedup for life (paralized/broken leg...etc)

-Emo

# 71 25-06-2003 , 08:23 AM
Subscriber
mtmckinley said:

9/11 = September 11th when World Trade Center fell.

Ooopps! Sorry, I should have guessed that one... only I have not heard it like that before. Sincere apologies to everyone whom my ignorance might have offended.

Kurt, are you French Canadian?

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 72 25-06-2003 , 12:03 PM
gazzamataz

I'm french as far as my name... lost all my french when I was young.... my grandmother was born in quebec used to be able to speack it fluent

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 73 25-06-2003 , 12:13 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by gazzamataz
mtmckinley said:

Ooopps! Sorry, I should have guessed that one... only I have not heard it like that before. Sincere apologies to everyone whom my ignorance might have offended.

Kurt, are you French Canadian?

It's not really referred to in that way in the UK or at least as far as I know, simply because 9/11 here is the 9th of November so....

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 74 25-06-2003 , 10:26 PM
Subscriber
American
America
Student
Become a cg artist
failing school user added image

# 75 25-06-2003 , 11:31 PM
1.Nationality: English/British

2.Which country are you in: England

3.What is your job: Student

4.Where do you want to be in 2-5 years time: Bournemouth Uni and collecting my 1st Dan. Also, i'd love to ride around the world, but that wont happen for many years user added image

5.Biggest fear with regards to job: Not having one

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....

Last edited by doodle; 26-06-2003 at 12:06 AM.