Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-11-2008 , 03:13 PM

select one vertex

ok, last question...I have a model that I need to select just one vertex, however it always selects the vertex parallel to it. Is their a way I can select just one vertex at a time?

# 2 20-11-2008 , 05:59 PM
just back click, make sure you are on vertices and then just click on the vertex. if it's selecting that vertex and another on the opposite side, then you possibly duplicated with instance selected so that you could work on both sides of the model at the same time - just delete the other side.

if its not that, post a pic so we can see what you mean.

Last edited by arran; 20-11-2008 at 06:50 PM.
# 3 20-11-2008 , 06:22 PM
It's also possible that reflection is checked in the tool settings...
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 4 12-12-2008 , 08:38 PM
Double click on the move tool button and uncheck reflection in the menu. I know this is a really late reply but this thread just solved my issue user added image

www.jowand.com