Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-04-2006 , 08:57 AM

image planes problems

:help

I'm new to Maya so this problem might just be me not knowing the software yet . Started working through modeling placed the front view image in the front view image plane. and the side view in the side view image plane. The problem is, the images in the perspective view are rotated about 45 degrees with half of the figure going out one side of the plane and the other out the other side. The other two views are normal. Have I got something set up wrong in the perspective camera or is there another problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

# 2 07-04-2006 , 11:25 AM
Subscriber
can you post a picture ?

also update your video drivers . that happen to me once if it is what i am thinking of but not sure cause i cant see it ...

keep us posted .

matthew

# 3 07-04-2006 , 12:36 PM
Thanks mmoore5553

I have fixed the problem
:attn:

I was looking for in the Web and the problem was very subtle:

This is a common hardware issue. This can be solved very easily by doing the following:

1) Find the Maya.env file (...\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\maya\7.0)

2) Open it with any text editor such as notepad

3) Add the following line to the end of the file:

MAYA_NON_POWER_TWO_OFF = 1

This will tell your graphics card to display the images differently.

4) Save and reset Maya.

Thank you everybody