Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 01-02-2007 , 08:20 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hi Dave

Yeah absolutely, I cant see it as a problem, my worry really was aimed at people who might subscribe to 3dSK for their reference material and then post it here innocently. Their stuff is copyrighted, so it was things like that, that was the concern.

Yeah if David could chime in that would be cool!! DAAAAVEEE!!

Cheers
Jay

# 17 01-02-2007 , 09:42 PM
Subscriber
Just to clarify, I originally meant for a thread of topology (shaded wireframe shots, orthographic views) as references, not actual facial/body photo's, as obviously that would infringe on many persons copyright like you say 3dSK for one. I do not wish to pinch any photo references as google is full of stuff, or if I cannot source the reference I sought, I will take the photos digitally myself.

Apologies for not making my original post clear.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 18 01-02-2007 , 10:44 PM
I'm gonna back J5 on this one.

I've been using the topo thread a fair bit (god knows i need it!). But instead of just using fine examples to make a new thread it would be good to see the comments on peoples mistakes to learn from them. Perhaps when the thread gets long winded it would be an idea to cut it up, reorder and make a purely reference thread that has ordered questions, examples and responses so you don't have to scroll all over the place to view relevant images and the same issues aren't addressed all over the place.

Pete

# 19 02-02-2007 , 02:08 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by j5ive
Just to clarify, I originally meant for a thread of topology (shaded wireframe shots, orthographic views) as references,

huh?

whats the difference to the current topology thread?
doesnt sound like you are looking for refs...

# 20 02-02-2007 , 08:05 AM
Yeah I agree, it sounds more like it every time I read this thread, time to close it...

Jay

# 21 02-02-2007 , 10:03 AM
Yeah, thats was what I was thinking.

For the record I think it would be good to see a topology thread sticky in a "universal WIP" section on the new site, so other softwares can post up rarther than just one software.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 22 02-02-2007 , 01:40 PM
As to the copyright issue, obviously the thread would have to be moderated tightly. Any occurance of copyrighted images would have to be deleted and those posting them would be warned. Any further occurances by the same individual would then be dealt with by the strike of my mighty mouse button and the BAN setting. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 23 02-02-2007 , 09:29 PM
Not the BAN!! Hmmm I like your style, Mr Baer! Cunning to say the least...

gster...I think universal topo thread is good, once the site merges thats a good idea. As topo is more an arbitary issue anyway so that would make sense.

We'll keep things as is for now, without adding confusion. After all its a 'Simply' site :bandit:

Jay