Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 12-04-2007 , 01:25 AM
Im working on an F-85 Goblin, im going to add some detail to my Panzer IV tank, and put all 3 of those into a small 3-4min animation. Heres a 20 second video of the Daimler Ferret!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpDWTq4Ffrg

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 17 12-04-2007 , 04:38 AM
Subscriber
you thinking of starting a war user added image

man thats some pretty crazy camera tracking, I got sea sick, try and keep your pans flowing smoothly (camera used to be heaving and thats what we have become used to, a jerky camera means 'live action' but in this case, to show something off, check a car commercial or something) and show off as much as you can with minimum movement.., but having said that there's no rules user added image

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 12-04-2007 at 04:41 AM.
# 18 12-04-2007 , 01:06 PM
Yeah, my camera action is pretty crazy. In that little video I just wanted to get views from all sides. In this next video I use some crazy camera action only to get the slight illusion of speed. But for the most part it looks cool! Ill try to post it today when I finish (its like 1minute, im practicing for the big war scene)

# 19 12-04-2007 , 09:42 PM

# 20 13-04-2007 , 10:10 AM
Nice! Try adding a bit of "bounce" to the vehicle as it lands to show mass and impact.

If you've watched action movies with vehicles (be it a light, sleek street-racer, or a gigantic tank-like vehicle), you'll know what I mean :p

# 21 14-04-2007 , 04:14 PM
Thanks for the advice severinianthony, ill add it into my next small animation (which just needs texturing & tweaks) Im rendering the 2000frames now for it and I added in some Bounce to the landings for the first couple jumps and attempted to add it into the other jumps but the wheels and the body of the Daimler got screwed up so it will take awhile to fix that... but I should have the test render done by tomorrow and post it after school!

# 22 14-04-2007 , 04:25 PM
Subscriber
dont forget that jog user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 23 15-04-2007 , 10:57 AM
Woops, forgot about that. Ill take a jog tonight I guess and ill start a new model! ( I just did these small animations for fun, ive still got a few months of Model & rigging practice until im remotely ready to practice animation). YouTube is evaluating the small animation I made right now. I did a 5min Texturing of the Daimler so it looks like crap. Deformed, Watered down crap. Anyway ill post it up as soon as its done!

# 24 15-04-2007 , 12:19 PM

# 25 19-04-2007 , 02:55 AM
Heres a start of the Amusement park scene im working on. Ive already got a short animation of the rides working (The ferris wheel took over 1hr to animate 200frames of it in progress). Ill be added more detail but heres a basic render of it!user added image

# 26 20-04-2007 , 03:14 AM
deleted, will update

Last edited by kinddoggofwar; 20-04-2007 at 04:05 AM.
# 27 01-05-2007 , 07:38 AM

Bathroom Scene

Amuisement park crap moved to a different thread (since it has to render...) Meanwhile ill be attempting to make an animation to piss off some kids at school. Im open for ideas on how to make fun (in a humorous way) of a kid at school and it must involve a toilet, mainly because toilets are fun in general. Im thinking of having an animation A picture of this kid fall into the toilet, toilet flushes, then I bring in a punger and plunge the toilet causes crap water to flow up along with bits and peices of his picture. Symbolizing that he is a piece of crap. Anyone else have suggestions on this project? Anyway here is the toilet so far.
user added image

Last edited by kinddoggofwar; 01-05-2007 at 07:53 AM.