Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-02-2008 , 11:05 AM
Subscriber

Move, Scale, Rotation Tool Help

In the project I am currently working with, the axes for the subject tools extend way off the drawing board and I can't "reel" them back in.

For example, when I select the Extrude tool, the Local/World Switch is way off in the distance and I have to scrub my way over to it and by then my work is no longer visible.

What did I do to make the axes spread so far out? How do I get them back to the same size as my working area?

A little help please...

TIA

# 2 29-02-2008 , 11:27 AM
Subscriber
Hey.

If it is what I'm thinking the problem may be. Press the "-" key on your keyboard or keypad. This should decrease the size of the handles to make them more functional. If however that is not the problem could you please post some example pictures for me to see so I can get a better understanding of the problem.

Thanks
-Alexander

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 3 29-02-2008 , 11:32 AM
Subscriber
Thank you for your timely response Alexander.

Your suspicions were correct! Just tapping the "- +" keys sends them out and brings them back in... back to work!

michael

# 4 29-02-2008 , 11:34 AM
Subscriber
I'm glad we could toss a "solved" stamp all over that one.
That was one of the first problems I had in maya myself. It is a great tool to have at your finger tips once you get into the workflow though.

Can't wait to see what things you produce!

Cheers!
-Alexander

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”