Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 18-01-2014 , 09:18 PM

I split polygons and then cannot select one of the faces

Returning to Maya after some time, but following a old Neex tutorial to create an alien. How original. user added image

Whenever I use the interactive split polygon tool, I am only able to select one of the faces it creates. either the left or right face becomes untouchable.

Searched for some issues with the split tool and so far no answers close to my issue.

thanks
G

# 2 19-01-2014 , 08:48 PM
Could you upload some images and/or your project file? I never had this problem and cannot replicate it.

# 3 20-01-2014 , 03:47 PM

Sample file attached

This file is the rudimentary start to the project and when I attempt for instance to split the bottom polygon into two faces, it splits and then one side is not selectable.

G

Attached Files
File Type: zip neex2.zip (9.0 KB, 229 views)
# 4 20-01-2014 , 04:00 PM

additional info

and to test some things, under Display|Polygon menu, I turned on Face Normals and Face Centers and all normals appear to be in correct orientation. I will add that I am working with a smooth proxy and it is those faces that are giving me the selection issue after split poly tool is used.

Last edited by Grouchoman; 20-01-2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: add comments
# 5 20-01-2014 , 04:32 PM

screenshot

attached screenshot shows normals

Attached Thumbnails