Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 02-07-2014 , 04:13 PM
Trying

Use Background with Batch Render

Right now I am just practicing some basics with matchmoving and tracking live footage (with Boujou or PFTrack, etc), bringing the scene into Maya, and then putting simple things onto it such as text or shapes. I have a plane acting as a shadow catcher so it has a "Use Background" material.

When I do a test render of a frame within Maya, everything works out. The plane is transparent but allows the shadows from my objects to be cast.

When I batch render though, the area of the plane becomes visible though.

user added image

user added image

Any thoughts what's going on? Thanks!

# 2 03-07-2014 , 04:18 PM
Trying
Bumping this I guess. I'm still at loss here, any thoughts? I'll continue researching but hopefully someone knows what to do here?!

# 3 03-07-2014 , 06:56 PM
could u upload the Scene?

# 4 03-07-2014 , 07:15 PM
Trying

# 5 03-07-2014 , 07:31 PM
hm unfortunately on my version it renders both correctly - render view + batch render.

Did you try to
  • - set Specular color to black
  • - Reflectivity 0
  • - Reflection Limit 0
  • - Shadow Mask 1
  • - Matte Opacity Mode > Opacity Gain
  • - Matte Opacity 1

# 6 03-07-2014 , 11:07 PM
Trying
Hmm, I adjusted the settings to what you listed and the batch render still has the plane show up, though it's white now.