Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-07-2017 , 10:44 PM
Subscriber

Cobra CB Radio

Just took a quick render of my wip, will finish off the cable tomorrow then I will work on the textures.
user added image

# 2 03-07-2017 , 06:55 PM
Subscriber
Cables finished, now to texture and set up lights.
user added image

# 3 04-07-2017 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
Just working on my shaders now and then the LCD panel

user added image

# 4 05-07-2017 , 02:13 AM
Lifetime Member
Wow!! This is very nice!!! How'd you go about making the mesh on the handheld part? It's epic!

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 5 05-07-2017 , 08:55 AM
Subscriber

Wow!! This is very nice!!! How'd you go about making the mesh on the handheld part? It's epic!

Hi Yeti

Thanks bud, I had to scour the depth of youtube for a decent tut but below is a link of the method I used, had to tweak it a bit to get my desired result but wasn't too difficult. hopefully get the LCD screen and some textures done today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnl1hzRaiMY

# 6 05-07-2017 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
Ok finished off the decals, LCD panel to do.
user added image

# 7 05-07-2017 , 10:59 PM
Bored but busy
Looks good! user added imageuser added image

# 8 06-07-2017 , 03:56 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Clocker, I have more or less done the LCD panel, just final tweaks and add IBL and maybe GI.

user added image

# 9 07-07-2017 , 11:13 AM
Subscriber
Pretty much there on this project, sorted the noise out and added GI. This is a straight render from vray I was wondering if I should run some passes out to add some AO and a depth pass etc.
Thanks Mark

user added image

# 10 12-07-2017 , 06:56 PM
Lifetime Member
Couldn't see the one in the final thread but it looks really good, well done!

# 11 16-07-2017 , 12:37 PM
Subscriber
Very nice model - Good looking render.

For me the dials, cable and mouth peace look unfinished, shaders wise.
Is there a reason they are white ???

Looking at some ref (as I never seen one of these before) the dial are usually a chrome color with the mouth peace being Grey/Black over the different models, but could not find the one you modelled.

Again just its just what I think looking at it - The other shaders and model it self look spot on.

As for depth and AO - There is no harm rendering them out and playing with them as it would be good practice.

Tweety

# 12 17-07-2017 , 05:58 PM
Subscriber
The mouth piece and dials are supposed to be light grey, the colour scheme is my own I just thought actual CB looked boring in all black I just wanted to funk it up and give it a bit of contrast between the radio and dials, that was my thinking but I suppose a bit chrome wouldn't go a miss.

Thanks for the critique

# 13 18-07-2017 , 06:41 PM
Subscriber
I totally get you with tiring to funk it up but the dials, Floor and the cable all look the same color which is about 2/3 of the image. To me this is giving it a unfinished look as it almost looks like a clay render - which is a shame as the model looks spot on and the base is looking good. I also think the chrome would be a good look for the dials and who knows with the done maybe it will be enough to break up the scene.

But keep at it - your on a good path.