Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-11-2002 , 08:54 PM

Maya Cloth Help

I've been trying to figure out Maya Cloth and I am have trouble doing it. What I want it to do is hang a long verticle banner off a cylinder. I make the cloth and thats find. But then comes simulating. I set the cylinder as a collision object. I've tryed the start simulation button and the play button, but both just make the computer do alot of work and end up with a very strange shape. Could some one help me with some steps.

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 2 17-11-2002 , 12:14 AM
The Maya Mountain
Afraid we don't have a lot of Cloth masters around yet. I hope you are able to find your answer. Only thing I could suggest is F1 help.

# 3 17-11-2002 , 10:43 AM
Subscriber

Re: Maya Cloth Help

Could some one help me with some steps.

i cannot explain this in a short answer, so i will prepare a tut for "how i did it"-section. because there is no "some steps" as you need to do a whole lot to do what you want. am i understanding you right, you want a banner tied up to a flag pole and this with maya cloth? okey dokey, i will try to make that understandable :p

# 4 17-11-2002 , 05:55 PM
What I want is a horizontal pole with a banner hanging from it blowing in the wind.
|00|
|00|
|00|
|__|

Something like that:p
*the 0's are just place holders

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 5 17-11-2002 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by MKess007
What I want is a horizontal pole with a banner hanging from it blowing in the wind.
|00|
|00|
|00|
|__|

Something like that:p
*the 0's are just place holders

something like that is in "how i did it" section see thread . but you need to add wind to it yourself, it is only the banner