Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-04-2005 , 07:54 PM

Does MAYA have a tool/command that does.....

Hey, was looking through a Rhino book at school, and they have this tut. on how to make headphones. Anyways, to make the top of the headset, they would tell you to create a curve that is like a half circle, then create 3 curve profiles, 2 on the ends of the curve and 1 on the top, then attach them to the curve and make the curve on the top a little bigger. Then you do this command and it kind of "lofts" the curves but the lofting follows along the curve. It's kind of like extruding with 3 profiles. Then i was like neah... Maya is sooo user added image cool there has to be a way to do that too, but i couldn't figure it out, so does any1 know how to do it??
thanxuser added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein
# 2 25-04-2005 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber
try looking up the brials in the docs

# 3 25-04-2005 , 08:33 PM
oooo... nothing beats maya... user added image user added image :p user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein
# 4 27-04-2005 , 07:02 PM
Subscriber
Birails are evil and benign user added image

I would use the Surface Extrude with one curve profile(whatever thickness/shape you want) and one curve path(direction)