Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-07-2007 , 05:31 PM

Girlfriends ?

How many of you have girlfriends ... what are theirs + and - . Do you think a person who spend 7-8 hours infront of the computer is more able not to find a girl and to be alone with his PC ... and more comments about girls , life Out of Maya work user added image

# 2 08-07-2007 , 05:40 PM
Subscriber
been with my girl for 6 years now - and me working at my pc has never been a problem. when I`m working shes watching the tv shows she loves (not a big tv fan myself). She remembers to get me some food and drink while I`m getting lost within my newest models or shouts at me that its 3 in the morning.

# 3 08-07-2007 , 05:42 PM

Originally posted by tweetytunes
been with my girl for 6 years now - and me working at my pc has never been a problem. when I`m working shes watching the tv shows she loves (not a big tv fan myself). She remembers to get me some food and drink while I`m getting lost within my newest models or shouts at me that its 3 in the morning.

How old are you ?

# 4 08-07-2007 , 05:42 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I think you should balance things, i don't think you will be a happy person if your entire life revolves around computer(animation), but you should'nt give up on it entirely either(unless you want too).
pick up some other hobby's, maybe some sports, go out and have some fun then the girls (:hug: ) will come eventually.

And yes your chance of getting a girlfriend when you're sitting behind a computer all day is somewhat slim to say the least.

Good luck

user added image

# 5 08-07-2007 , 06:04 PM

Originally posted by mastone
I think you should balance things, i don't think you will be a happy person if your entire life revolves around computer(animation), but you should'nt give up on it entirely either(unless you want too).
pick up some other hobby's, maybe some sports, go out and have some fun then the girls (:hug: ) will come eventually.

And yes your chance of getting a girlfriend when you're sitting behind a computer all day is somewhat slim to say the least.

Good luck

user added image

That's why i go breakdancing .. and some girl Fens come around and ... :blush: :blush:

# 6 08-07-2007 , 06:59 PM
I'm married and it's really important for me to balace my time wisely. 1) I have a full time job 2) I'm a songwriter 3) I'm an author, 4) I'm very active in my church with ministry and being their audio guy 5) I have a wife who needs quality time with me 6) I have a 5 year old son who needs quality time with me 7) I have friends and family I need to spend time with 8) I'm an inventor 9) I do the audio for weddings on many weekends. 10) Other activities

I'm pretty much non-stop from the time I wake up til the time I go to bed. I'm 37 years old and I always try to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep. I wouldn't make it otherwise.

How much time do I spend on Maya? Usually an average of 2 hours per day, sometimes more, sometimes less. Weekends, if I don't have anything going on, I can get 8 or more hours in but is rare. I rarely watch any TV or play video games.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 7 08-07-2007 , 07:20 PM

Originally posted by Perfecto
I'm married and it's really important for me to balace my time wisely. 1) I have a full time job 2) I'm a songwriter 3) I'm an author, 4) I'm very active in my church with ministry and being their audio guy 5) I have a wife who needs quality time with me 6) I have a 5 year old son who needs quality time with me 7) I have friends and family I need to spend time with 8) I'm an inventor 9) I do the audio for weddings on many weekends. 10) Other activities

I'm pretty much non-stop from the time I wake up til the time I go to bed. I'm 37 years old and I always try to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep. I wouldn't make it otherwise.

How much time do I spend on Maya? Usually an average of 2 hours per day, sometimes more, sometimes less. Weekends, if I don't have anything going on, I can get 8 or more hours in but is rare. I rarely watch any TV or play video games.

In USA you really have money ... in bulgaria a payment for a job which you work 12 hours per day is 80$ PER month !!! Just think about that ... how can we in poor countries spend more time ... on other things than developing our skills in computers then go to lets say USA and work for some company user added image That`s what i want to do ... user added image)) . I usually have per day about 6-7 hours free and i just chat or have some fun with girls .. but im 18 it's normal :p :p :p

# 8 08-07-2007 , 07:47 PM
I hear you man,
I spent almost a year in Thailand, in the villages and I quickly learned a new appreciation for all that we have here in the USA. I also spent a year in Korea in places where they didn't have indoor plumbing. My wife spent some time in Papua NewGinea and so I definitely understand what you mean.

I think too many people take what they have for granted and miss out on the real joy of life which I believe is each other. That's what I really liked the most about the villages of Thailand. They always had time for each other. For me spending QUALITY time with friends and family and God is most important. Everything else comes second. I believe that's the reason my wife are still married (for 8 years now). We're committed to each other and we try to keep good honest communication. Basically we strive not to do anything to dishonor each other. And if we do, we're committed to making things right.

I hope everything works out they way you're hoping it will. Just don't lose focus on your vision/dream and look for every opportunity that presents itself. Who knows, perhaps one day we'll both end up working for the same company.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 9 09-07-2007 , 05:35 AM
# 10 09-07-2007 , 07:01 AM
Subscriber
in the middle of a divorce. I put the papers in Monday unless something happens to change it.., like I break my leg or there is a miracle user added image tried to put them in yesterday but there was one more box to tick..,

i spent 5 years in bali, and a lot of other time around Asia, Europe, blah blah.., there is no doubt that generally the Asian people know what respect is all about.., they also know what absolute cruelty is too.., theres good and bad everywhere and the good should start at home user added image my wife (?) is Japanese. she really is an incredibly respectful person, but there are many nice people everywhere.

my 5 cents worth, couldn't resist the title of this thread.., amazing timing user added image :headbang:

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 09-07-2007 at 07:06 AM.
# 11 09-07-2007 , 02:14 PM
Been with my girl for about 3 to 3.5 years now. I try and devide up my time as best as i can, but we know for a succesfull relationship you need to have some personal time. I go out with some buddies to the pool hall, play some videogames, or just use maya while she does her own things.

I would say spending time in front of your computer isnt a problem if you prioritize. So if your girl walks by you wearing only her bra and tells you shes going to bed and lingers in the doorway you better be getting your ass to beduser added image

Oh and im 22(recently turned) and my girlfriend is 24(almost 25)

# 12 09-07-2007 , 03:06 PM
The Maya Mountain
My fiance' and I are tieing the knot January 28th. user added image I cannot wait!

# 13 09-07-2007 , 04:03 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Probably sounds like a long ways away but it'll get here before you know it.

My advice: If the wedding's well planned and everyone shows up on time for the rehearsal and for the big day, it will save you two a lot of stress. Because I do alot of weddings, I often see stressed out brides because their special day isn't going as they hoped it would. So, just make sure everything's well planned out in advance and quadrupple check everything.

Exceed Expectations!
# 14 09-07-2007 , 05:13 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Ive been Married 11 years. We have a great compromise and my wife is well aware that my Maya work brings home the bacon at the end of the day...

Mike: take it all as it comes and lap that day up mate because it will fly by. Ours went so fast, awsome day!!

Jay

# 15 09-07-2007 , 06:59 PM
Subscriber
Closest thing Ill ever get to having a girlfriend is when I was in a private chat window with lonelygirl_18 On jippii.com chat.

Best 10 minutes of my life..

I was like: Hey!
She responded with a: Hello!
I pushed on saying: WHats up?
She said: "Nothing much, you?"
And so on..

Was beautiful..