Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 23-03-2010 , 09:58 AM

Weights Problem

Hello all,

Ive created a small boy character for my final year animation project and im having a lot of problems when it comes to painting the weights of the character. I complete the painting and when i check the characters movements they dont correspond to the painted weights. Then when i go back to painting it looks completely different to the way i left it. its getting really frustrating and my deadline is approaching fast.

It seems that maya changes any smoothed weights and creates very harsh lines. Any suggestions why this is happening?
Im in desperate need of help and would greatly appreciate it if you could give me any suggestions.

Thanks

# 2 23-03-2010 , 05:07 PM
Subscriber
have you checked in component editor?

make sure your vertices are matched to the corresponding joint. sometimes you can just select then and set them to 1 <which equals 100% attached to that particular join> then paint freely.

This should be done before painting, I learned the hard way >.<

I would explain more, but am omw to class.

let me know how goes.

# 3 13-04-2010 , 01:22 PM
Have you tryed pilates? Often no weights involved.

Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Phenom II 965 BE
Fire GL 8650
8 Gigabytes of Ram