Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-07-2011 , 04:33 AM
Subscriber

Archiving scene problem

I am having a problem in maya 2011 archiving scene. I keep getting a message that it has to be saved first,but I did this and keep getting the same message. I was tempted to delete my prefs folder but I have my shelves setup just the way i like it and hoping someone has a answer here.

I have archived scenes hundreds of times before so I know i am doing it right.

any help would be appreciated.

# 2 10-07-2011 , 09:17 AM
Super Moderator
Well you could always test your pref folder theory with out deleting it, you could simply rename the folder after you've closed Maya, and when you relaunch it, a new pref folder will be created. You will still have your costum prefs backed up and you copy them over bit by bit and see what's breaking your workflow.

- Genny