Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 12-03-2007 , 05:08 AM

HELP with size of move/scale/rotate tool

Hi, im using maya 7.
im having trouble with the size of my move,rotate, scale tool
my tool is very small and i cant seem to change the size of it. which makes it very hard if im using the rotate tool to rotate it since the icon is very tiny. i can barely see the axis size for it.
the more i zoom into an object the small the icon gets, does anyone know what to do? can anyone help me? if u understand what i mean lol.
thanks

# 2 12-03-2007 , 05:39 AM
Go to Window -> Settings/Preferences -> Preferences

Click on "Manipulators," on the left-most column.

Crank up the "Global Scale" until you are happy with the size of your manipulator.

I am aware that there is a keyboard shortcut to do this as well, but I cannot remember what it is; another SM user can pop by and let you know, though user added image

# 3 12-03-2007 , 05:52 AM
Subscriber
The + and - keys will adjust the size of the manipulators for you.

Mat.

# 4 12-03-2007 , 06:25 AM
thanks very much it worked, cheers

# 5 16-03-2007 , 03:45 AM
I Have also problem wit scale tool in UV texture Editor's window. Iam posting image here pls Check it and pls tell me its solutin I will very thankful to u. :headbang:

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 16-03-2007 , 01:16 PM
Subscriber
It could be a couple of things,

1: You have hit the insert key by mistake and the manipulator has changed mode. To sort it out just hit the insert key again.

or

2: Your graphics card has issues with Maya, try getting the latest driver from the card manufacturers website.

Hopefully the first one will fix your problem, if not then the second. If neither of them works then unfortunately your graphics card might be incompatible with Maya. Do you have any problems with the manipulator in any of the work views?

Mat.

# 7 18-03-2007 , 12:22 PM
Little of topic, but i have a macbook pro and i cant find my insert ket :S

Do you have any idea? LOL

# 8 18-03-2007 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber
I've never used a Mac before so I really couldn't help you on that one.

I googled 'Mac equivalent of insert key' and landed a few people with the same query, no devinitive answers though! Have a look in the Maya help menu ( 'f1' I hope your mac has that!!) if you can't get anything from that get in touch with Autodesk.

Good luck,

Mat.

edit:

Just found out that it's the fn + left arrow keys. See THIS .

Last edited by happymat27; 18-03-2007 at 01:45 PM.
# 9 18-03-2007 , 02:16 PM
Fantastic, you are a crawling parasite across the web you!!!

Thank you