Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 24-06-2007 , 09:03 PM
Jr.Who

Vertices not merging

Hey guys,

IÕm still on that same part of the G.I. texturing, but another problem has occurred. For some reason it has ÒunmergedÓ 2 pieces of my head from the main part. I donÕt really know why this happened, but I just tried to merge the vertices. Well, for some reason itÕs not letting me merge them. ItÕll only select 1 instead of both of the vertices, and when I move one out of the way, then shift select the other, and merge, nothing happens.

I think IÕve had this problem before, but I forgot how to fix it.

-Jr.Who
user added image

# 2 24-06-2007 , 09:50 PM
You might want to combine the 2 areas, mesh->combine then give it a go.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 24-06-2007 , 09:52 PM
Jr.Who
They already are combined. IÕve even tried separating them, but it doesnÕt work.

# 4 24-06-2007 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber
check the normals as if they are facing oppersit directions then the verts will not join

# 5 24-06-2007 , 10:16 PM
Jr.Who
All the normals are OK.

# 6 24-06-2007 , 11:50 PM
Jr.Who
Well, now I feel like an idiot. In a last hope to try to get it working I tried combining again, but for some reason, it worked this time! Before in the SE it just said ÒObject is already one meshÓ, but this time it worked.

Thanks!
user added image