Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 15-07-2007 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber

cant merge vertices

I am trying to attatch the head to my characters body and it wont let me merge. I tried everything to my knowledge.

When i do try to merge. it attaches but the thick border dosn't go away.

If you need me to post the work file or email it, let em know!!

plz help

sean

Attached Thumbnails

myspace - www.myspace.com/seansilasexperimental
# 2 15-07-2007 , 02:15 AM
Subscriber
hi
have you tried combining the two pieces of geometry then trying to merge the verts? or have you tried going into the merge verts options and increasing the distance. or maybe the normals are facing the wrong way if thats the caSe select the faces and go into EDIT POLYGON>NORMALS>REVERSE then try to merge the verts,

hope that helps

# 3 15-07-2007 , 03:15 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by jali
hi
have you tried combining the two pieces of geometry then trying to merge the verts? or have you tried going into the merge verts options and increasing the distance. or maybe the normals are facing the wrong way if thats the caSe select the faces and go into EDIT POLYGON>NORMALS>REVERSE then try to merge the verts,

hope that helps

Hiyas.user added image I did combine the 2 pieces and tried to merge. I will try the reverse..

Thank you a bunch and I will post the outcome..user added image

sean

# 4 15-07-2007 , 03:22 AM
Subscriber
YAH!! It worked!! I needed to seperate so the head was alone then, I did normal/reverse and used the append poly tool.

Thank u man. now I can move on.

sean...user added image