Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-08-2009 , 03:27 PM

PC peep

Hi!

I'm using Maya 2009 unlimited on my 4gig ram, Q6600 Intel CPU and ATI 4850 graphics card pc. It is running fine, but when I start batch render (tif image sequenz of 250 frames in my case) the computer "peeps" several times. some times longer, sometimes just a second. but the peep is actually not a peep it just comes from the internat speakers. it sounds like a chainsaw user added image (have no better word for it).
When I'm looking at my cpu control it says the cpu is running with 50 watts!!! maybe it is a warming alert of my cpu, but don't know how to solve the warming problem. the pc had been running a long time without problems.

greets, kimsay

# 2 11-08-2009 , 06:50 AM
OK!
Now I know, that it is a warning when the cpu gets too hot.
I checked the temperature of my cores while batch rendering... Is it normal that all cpus get so hot???

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 11-08-2009 , 08:47 AM
Does seem a bit hot that, is it overclocked?

I know that mine used to get to about that when it only had the stock heater on and as mild overclock, I addded water cooling O/C'd it a lot more and its nice and cool.

Check out the max operating temps for the CPU, you may be able to adjust the levels of the alarms on that app.

BUT

I would recommend getting a better cooler for the CPU that way it will be running cooler and not thermally stressing out the CPU as much. as 70 seems way way high to me.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle

Last edited by gster123; 11-08-2009 at 08:52 AM.
# 4 11-08-2009 , 01:30 PM
No it is not overclocked. It is confusing me, too. Perhaps it is another setting in BIOS? The cooler for my cpu is very good normaly and I have this problem since I returned my BIOS to standard settings... What temperature is normal for a Interl Quad core cpu?

thanks!
kimsay

# 5 11-08-2009 , 01:50 PM
Mine runs at about 28 - 37 depending on the task.

# 6 12-08-2009 , 07:33 AM
Hm Damn... I knew that I will get those problems by time with a pc. I need a mac! user added image

# 7 12-08-2009 , 08:59 AM
Hm Damn... I knew that I will get those problems by time with a pc. I need a mac! user added image

# 8 12-08-2009 , 09:37 AM

Originally posted by kimsay

Why Macs are stunningly overpriced PC's, the technologys just a step behind in a mac!

Just either check the cooler (strange really if its runing so hot as whoever built it made a big mistake on the cooling or the temp probe is knackard)

Cant you see what the temp is from the Bios to verify the temp?