Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-03-2005 , 07:05 PM

Rendering Format

I have just recently had to reinstall maya on my computer. Before i had to reinstall it i had been doing batch rendering using the targa (.tga) format setting in Render globals. However now, after reinstalling it, whenever i try to use the targa format, my images from the batch render come out as (.iff) format, and have been made Microsoft Picture It! files. I have done this several times with the same problem, what is different this time?

# 2 28-03-2005 , 04:29 AM
Any particular reason you need .TGA? .IFF is just as good and faster to render and works in After Effects. The reason .iff is coming up as Microsoft Picture It! files is because the file format is associated with that program. You'll have to go into your system settings and change the file associations. Or just right click on the file, choose OPEN WITH... and choose the program to open them with and check the box that says ALWAYS OPEN WITH THIS PROGRAM.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu