Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-01-2004 , 08:56 PM
Subscriber

Aim Constraint problem on Hyd Arm Tut

Hiya,
Can anyone clarify what i'm doing because the tutorial vid uses a few s/cuts and I must have missed something out...
For those who don'y know - I'm trying to point the two cylinders together using an "Aim Constarint" I have parented them all from left to right- but mine somehow does not connect into a piston. Plus I'm a bit lost as to whats going on here... Any help appreciated -

Regards Scraggy

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 30-01-2004 , 04:56 PM
Subscriber
Still have no idea what i'm doing wrong? Should I post in the Tutorial forum instead?

Scraggy

# 3 31-01-2004 , 02:31 AM
i think it might be easier to manually rotate them to touch. since they are both parallel all you have to do is move them the same degree. So move the top one down 15 degrees the bottom one up 15 and they should connect(numbers are used for reprisentation only) youll need to find the right numbers.