Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-07-2004 , 08:30 AM

College Grants

Hey guys,

I am shipping off to Fullsail later this year(class starts November 18)

Estimated costs including living are around $56,000 and I really need financial help.

I have been searching for scholorships, applied to the very few that actually apply to me, however I am trying to find grants that could help me out that apply to me, going to a tech school, and learning computer animation.

I am having the hardest time trying to find financial aid(grants and scholorships both)...and I was wondering if anyone on here know of any foundations that could help, or how to find available ones period.

I am 18 years old and moving all the way to Orlando from Seattle on my own, and I am also paying for everything myself(my family has no money whatsoever) and I am hoping to get enough financial aid that I dont have to work and juggle class at the same time. If I have to work, then I will of course.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to focus on learning computer animation(use Maya @ FullSail :thumbsup: )...I just want to be able to goto class 8 hours a day, absorb every word that is said, every example and just start kicking ass on further learning 3d Animation and all the aspects, then go get a great career when I'm graduated.

So if anyone could help me out that is MUCH appreciated. I just can't seem to find anything user added image

Thanks guys! user added image

Dan

# 2 17-07-2004 , 05:02 PM
Subscriber
i'm in the same boat as you user added image
Full sail is a very fast paced school. i have a few friends there. i'm heading to Pratt in NY this september.
8hr school days are really 12-18hrs. and many all nighters, full sail is not ideal for students like you and i, by that i mean, it is very expensive and FL does not have too many jobs (part -time) or even if you do find a decent job, your school schedule would be overwhelming, it is really no-stop assignments etc... Pratt is a bit more forgiving, it is $38,000 per year, including cost of living. and you get a more well rounded animation learning experience. Full Sail was my first choice, but after i research a bit more, Pratt was more ideal for me.
as for grants and scholorships, i do not know any 3d specific scholorship or grands outhere. but there are other grands you can apply for, www.fastweb.com. adn good luck.

# 3 17-07-2004 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber

# 4 17-07-2004 , 05:58 PM
uh... anybody has something to say about the new york film academy?

Last edited by dragonfx; 18-07-2004 at 10:06 AM.
# 5 17-07-2004 , 08:50 PM
thnx vladimir...

with my current situation, if I am unable to recieve any grants or scholorships I am definately going to take out a ton of student loans...but I am kind of dreading that heh...

the search continues...and ill definately check out that link

# 6 18-07-2004 , 04:09 AM
dang I can't download that program you gave vlad...

I have AOhell...56k...and it wont even let me download 1mb... user added image

thats the only reason I havnt bought the Trex/Oliphant/Apache/Skeleman tutorials

...dangit

# 7 18-07-2004 , 05:41 AM
Subscriber
that sux painterdan.

you can always keep looking on fastweb.com for more non-3d-specific scholarships.
good luck

# 8 18-07-2004 , 10:12 AM
ya I'll keep looking on fastweb and do some endless Google searches...

all I can find are sites that say BUY THIS!!!! GIVE US $50 and we'll send you a book...etc.

I'm not looking to buy stuff google...just give me a link to a foundation that will help me...*shakes fist* user added image

I'll hold on to that link though...if I ever get a connection fast enough to download that program...

good luck @ Pratt Vlad

would anyone else happen to know something that could help me out????? user added image

# 9 18-07-2004 , 06:48 PM
Is $56,000 per year uni costs expensive in the US. Over here its just over £1,000 per year (soon to go up to £3k) Probably avg cost £25k for all 3 years for most student.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 10 18-07-2004 , 08:31 PM

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
Is $56,000 per year uni costs expensive in the US. Over here its just over £1,000 per year (soon to go up to £3k) Probably avg cost £25k for all 3 years for most student.

I'm confused :o

Umm $35,000 for school and another $20,000 + for living costs is pretty damn expensive where I come from ...

I don't really understand all the £:$ ratio stuff user added image

# 11 18-07-2004 , 11:16 PM
Subscriber
35k is pretty expensive to me too.... and this is for computer animation, not a doctorate degree or law degree...
Pratt is 38,000/yr and it's a 4 year school user added image that's damn expensive to me