Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-09-2006 , 02:44 PM

animation curves

Hello. I was wondering if someone could help.

I am working through 'Learning Maya 7 Foundation' and in the chapter that I am on I am trying to animate a walk cycle. After I put my character into the start pose. I try to set a keyframe by pressing S, but I get this error message:

// Error: animCurve creation or connection failed for attribute robot:robot.lHeelControl_translateZ //

It doesn't seem to stop me from animating the rest of the walk, but when I open up the Graph Editor to adjust the curves I can only see the curves for the pelvis (I think...)

I have the character set turned on. When I don't have it turned on, l I don't get the error message, but still can't see the curves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

# 2 17-09-2006 , 05:12 AM
have you tried setting a key using other methods?

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 17-09-2006 , 11:02 AM
hey neostrider - yeah I tried to set keys using other methods, though i am not sure if I was going about it right. I am pretty sure it had something to do with character sets. I ended up comparing my character sets to the model provided and realised that mine had a lot of extra junk which, once I deleted, seemed to sort out my problem.

of course - now I have a new problem!:headbang: when I attempt to cycle the first twenty frames of my walk animation by setting the curves to pre/post infinity>cycle with offset, the leg controls and hand manipulators start to lag behind the main body making the limbs act wierd...here he is at frame 250.

maya headache.user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by arran; 18-09-2006 at 04:24 PM.
# 4 18-09-2006 , 04:31 PM
well, I didn't manage to fix my problem with the limbs, so I ended up doing the keyframes for the walk cycle again and this time when i cycled the animation everything seemed to work fine.