Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-01-2003 , 09:12 PM

<<<ROPES - TAILS - CABLES >>>

***tails-ropes-cables***
Alright...can anyone tell me how to use DYNAMICS for a ROPE/TAIL/hanging CABLE?
I have an ANIMAL already animated. I need to add DYNAMICS to the tail (IK spline with 3CVs).
Been looking for tutorials on this subject on the net for days and havent had luck. Can anyone help please....
Thanx!

# 2 09-01-2003 , 11:33 PM
Subscriber
Well, if the tail is made up of several sections, you could make a nail constraint.

https://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Com...ink/index.html

This is a tutorial on how to properly do that. I presume you would have to do some parenting as well to make the tail follow the animal somehow. That's just a quick idea right off the top of my head.

# 3 09-01-2003 , 11:52 PM

No luck.

I cant turn an IK spline into a rigid body. Only into a soft body.
The tail is made up of 3 joints, which are skinned to the tail already. I thought that there was a way to tell maya to make that IK spline curve behave like a "hanging peice of wire/rope" with dynamics.
BUT hey...thanks for the link, guy.

# 4 10-01-2003 , 01:32 AM

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 10-01-2003 , 05:19 PM
Yes...!
That tutorial is the one I need it. THANX a lot, RAGECGI!
I knew it was possible. Thanx again, dude!