View Poll Results: for the most part the suit controls the person ot is the other way?
mostly the person controls the suit 2 28.57%
mostly the suit controls the person 3 42.86%
50%/50% on the average population 0 0%
50%/50% of the time on the average person 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 23-07-2004 , 11:52 PM

philosophical question

This is just one of those 2:00 am Slightly Drunk Philosophical Question(s): For the most part the suit controls the person or is the other way?

Turned into a poll for your comfort and the amusement of the whole family!

Buy it, its NEW!!

# 2 24-07-2004 , 12:01 AM
The Maya Mountain
what suit?

# 3 24-07-2004 , 12:39 AM
g-suit from half-life? :p

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 24-07-2004 , 01:51 AM
Subscriber
The tuxedo...?.. cause.. if its that.. i'm sure that its the suit that controls the person..jackie chan's prolly weak willed liek that

Legend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 5 24-07-2004 , 06:54 AM
Subscriber
it depends who wears it...

# 6 24-07-2004 , 08:34 AM
user added image jackie chan doesnt counts... user added image

suit/uniform/minimal expression of "work"/"demographic segment"/"tribe" clothing...

because... dont tellme that for example in warthog youre allowed to wear whatever clothes you want... (if you think so try to go dressed like you would to the swimmingpool...user added image)

even in "casual" work-places you need to be clothed in casual wear or youll quickly recieve some kind of "signals" from staff or (more usually)management...

And once you wear determinate clothes youre expressing something, it somehow means adherence to some certain common rules, values and mindsets, that in some way that set of clothes simbolizes...

Last edited by dragonfx; 24-07-2004 at 08:46 AM.
# 7 24-07-2004 , 01:55 PM
Subscriber
clothes maketh the man

# 8 25-07-2004 , 10:19 AM
Well this is the same as whether or not to conform to the norm. And I say yey! Do it! I mean the structures set up by social values are pretty flexible and often changes with the setting and times to accomodate new trends.

Plus it helps aid communication efforts by automatically setting up various assumptions so that there is no time wasted explaining everything...eg communicating with 3d literate people opposed to communicating with your aunt sally.

So basically...you choose the pants that control you...if you're not happy with the selection, design your own.

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there...with open arms, and open eyes" - Incubus
# 9 25-07-2004 , 11:40 PM
for a week or two i forgot, im an unconformist... maybe an "agent provocateur" wannabe...

Flexibility? Not exactly... your environment chooses the pants youll wear... 99.99%of the time if you dont conform to your environment you wont start a new trend(unless you ve got tons of PR and/or power) but get lynched and out of the environment instead... and most importantly, you dont choose the pants you want but those you can...

anyways how do you tell a 3d person from the regular geek on a clothes basis? (or from a bank teller for example?)user added image
and what makes you think aunt sally with its flowers vest aint a pionneer of the 3dCG field?user added image

Last edited by dragonfx; 25-07-2004 at 11:52 PM.
# 10 27-07-2004 , 03:09 AM
I thought we're being metaphorical...user added image

IMO, we choose the paths of life that is best for us...unless we're under some mind control. Sure, situations are bad for some people but not all of us.

I love these "philosophical" beer discussions where it's black or white or nothing at all. Good times.

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there...with open arms, and open eyes" - Incubus
# 11 27-07-2004 , 07:21 AM
user added image its the suit...user added image
user added image when i have it on i have the methaphorical sensibility of a chainsaw...user added image

(wow... after saying that im starting to feel like a supervillianuser added image)

Last edited by dragonfx; 27-07-2004 at 07:28 AM.