Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-06-2006 , 04:12 PM
Subscriber

Image plain picture problem

Iv'e just started the Interior design tutorial and i'm stuck on the first step!
I have to crate a nurbs plane then texture it with a picture provided by the totorial to make an image plane, something ive done a thousand times. The problem is when i assign the texture with the picture onto the nurbs plane the picture is black and white and rotated about 40 degrees and stretched in an odd way.
I played around with place2Dtexture with poor results, I tryed applying a different picture to the plane and it works perfectly, colour and everything so i'm thinking it has something to do with the picture provided.

Any help is appreciated

Calone

# 2 25-06-2006 , 09:03 AM
that might be a bug with resolutionSettings. try attrEditor - shaderTab - goto Hardware Texturing and set the texture resolution from default to 256(highest)

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 3 25-06-2006 , 01:47 PM
Subscriber
r u usin maya 7 if so look here

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 4 25-06-2006 , 02:10 PM
oh well! that saves a lot of clicking buttons over and over again. thx!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.