Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 19-03-2004 , 10:43 AM

Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: WIP

Hi guys,

I entred the machineflesh 3D challenge, over at CGtalk.com

Anyway, I'm going to post my work here as well, so you guys can see.

Well here my first concept art.

Attached Images
# 2 19-03-2004 , 10:44 AM
and the update:

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 19-03-2004 , 10:58 AM
I like the legs on the new one, but the whole chicks as mechs things is broing and overdone (I really think that the cgchallenge is lacking in imagination this time!). Maybe try and find a slightly different agle on it, just to make it stand out more.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 19-03-2004 , 12:10 PM
Subscriber
Ditto what Pure said.. according to the official statements over at CGTalk you are going to have to come up with something quite original to stand a chance:

The mechanical body alterations can be hooked up to larger external machines.
Don’t limit yourself necessarily to typical sci-fi themes and substances. This could be a bizarre archaic fantasy world – they may even use wood in their mechanical devices.
Don’t create another Terminator. The Terminator is a cyborg that looks like an organic lifeform. Start out by designing an organic character, think about its environment and needs, and alter it accordingly.
If you choose the punishment route, try thinking about a criminal act and choose an appropriate torture or alteration for that specific crime.
If you choose to have some kind of weapon incorporated into the character, be creative about it. A person wondering around in society with a massive machine gun instead of a hand is going to have a hard time making friends or gaining access to most venues. Choose more ingenious and creative ways of incorporating weapon implementations.
Feel free to depict the surgical procedure of the mechanization process.
You don’t necessarily have to create a dark or disturbing character. Think about Wallace and Gromit – this type of theme can be pulled off in a humorous, fun way.
For consideration, please put some thought into your work and your story.
Remember to use your imaginations and have some fun! Please avoid recreating themes, designs or concepts that have been seen before.

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 5 19-03-2004 , 06:28 PM

story

here a story I rapid out

It all start with modern alternatives to animal testing and experimentation, seeking out better ways to test out drugs to see there out come. In the meantime the human race are suffring from biochemical medicine, because scientist don't do testing on animals long enough to see there side-effects.With the midea projecting un-healthy food items (fast food etc) and in the long run become sick (lack of prana or life-force) in the body and mind, becoming weighted down dull and heavy. Because of our ignorance we turn to modern science for treatment, further poisons us in the long run.
Many years has pasts, animal testing has gotting worst, wastern medicine has fully dominate the world, except a small underground organization in India. Because the world is in a state of chaos, with the many years of destruction of the rain forests, pollution of land and water, which was to provide more land for livestock for the ever-growing human population, India has evolve to it original state of being, but seek out a way to fight against the corruption that has gone out of contol.
So many many more years has past and the underground organization in India has finaly develop bioenergeic model that can treat all disease of the body/mind complect and therefore the soul.
Westren science at this point is still practicing animal-testing, but more corrupted, which is the merging of human and animals for war purposes. This new corrupt form of life where train to fight in war and nothing elas. But they found that the vegetarian animals that has taking on this new human like form where less aggressive, and harder to train. So they had no time to deal with these creature that were not motivated to fight in battle, so they dump them off in some toxic land with no food and water to die. Meanwhile the underground organization is out looking for plant life as there is very little left on earth, In the search to do so, they come across this very unusual looking creatures on poisonous land, so they took a closer look. They were crying out help help please! So they got them on to they ship and aheaded back home. the underground organization gave the creatures there newly developed bioenergeic model (herbal formula), in no time they were gaind back to health.
In time the creatures understood what was really happen to there planet, and felt the need to do somthing about it!
It took many years to prepare for the new war against the ccorrupted world of Westren science.
War has come, the creatures went into battle, the war ended in 4 and a haft months and the underground organization in India loss the war.
So the organization for 5 years had to take on a more scientific approach to win the world war 24, by replacing some of the creatures organic parts with machine-flesh. For the type of animal they relate to the organization empower then to perform greater speed and coordinations.

The war is yet to begin.

This is the female rabbit creature that I pick to model he he he.

I'm still working on the concept

# 6 20-03-2004 , 04:45 AM
well here an update for you guysuser added image

final concept:

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 20-03-2004 , 04:47 AM
And here is the start of the model:

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 20-03-2004 , 04:55 AM
Just a thought... might want to try and incorporate the metal a bit more intermingeled with the skin.. it looks like shes just in a x-so skeleton. Great sketch..

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 9 21-03-2004 , 07:29 AM
Subscriber
Hope you Win since you're so nice to us user added image

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 10 21-03-2004 , 11:14 AM
Kurt,

Yeah as I model this character I will add all kind of incorporations of machine parts into the flesh, but thinks for pointing it out though.

anita,

Thank man user added image

Here the update, now got to start on the machine parts, he he he, this will be fun.

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 21-03-2004 , 11:38 AM
i don't get the bunny ears... :|

# 12 21-03-2004 , 12:48 PM
verry nice robotic humanliving, i just hope you won´t give up user added image

weld some pixels !!!
# 13 21-03-2004 , 12:50 PM
About the bunny ears i like, gives a animal feeling to the model

weld some pixels !!!
# 14 22-03-2004 , 07:18 PM
Zyk0tiK,

If you don't get it then read a little of the story aboveuser added image

Pixelwelder,

Thanks,
I won't give up! user added image

Here and update: You guys get to see it first, because have not post this image at CGtalk yet user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 15 22-03-2004 , 07:22 PM
update:

Attached Thumbnails