Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 27-02-2005 , 09:08 PM

AVIs as textures.. need help!!!

Hello..

I'm working on an idea I had, to place animated panels in space. I want to apply avi's to the panels, but when I render the avi's are always showing only the first image.. the animation is not running.

What am I doing wrong..? I'm a Maya convert.. used to work with 3ds Max and I never had this problem. I read somewhere (wow do you need to read a lot when learning Maya!) that the IMF needs uncompressed AVI files.. is that it or is there something I have to set to tell Maya to treat the AVI as an animation not a still? Is it possible to use DV pal clips as materials? Is there a way to load up a sequence of image files instead of an AVI for example? Wow the questions never end!!

I'm working with the windows version of Maya 6. Any help would REALLY appreciated..

thanks

# 2 28-03-2005 , 05:21 AM

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu