Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 02-07-2005 , 10:20 AM

July/Aug - Noob - Joel

Hey!
This is the first time I've entered one of these challenges (I came too late to join the fish one) and I want to get started early. But I don't really know what to do. The image below is something I made ages ago when I was doing the ocean tutorial provided by maya, just screwing around with things, not really knowing what I was doing. Anyway, would something like this pass the criteria for this challenge, or something along these lines?
(its not my entry I just want to get an idea of what is acceptable.)

Thanks, Joel.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-07-2005 , 01:13 PM
The Maya Mountain
I would prefer something a bit more involved then just an ocean plane and a sun. user added image

Like, maybe if you had a boat on the ocean, with a character on it or something.

Remember, you have 2 months.

# 3 04-07-2005 , 05:38 PM
Senior Software Developer
Thats not a bad image there, but as Mike states is lacking ever so slightly in detail and atmosphere.

Mike suggestion is good

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)