Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 12-01-2006 , 11:44 AM
Subscriber

SubD > Poly prob

I started off modelling the basic shape in Nurbs, then converted to Poly to tweak and add some finer details which is fine. Then I convert to SubD to create further details etc, now when I convert back to Poly to split polys etc, my model appears to stay the same, ie it appears almost smooth with high poly count which is very frustratin when I now I have to alter loads and loads of vertices rather than just a few. Why is my mesh now so busy and how can I keep it down?

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 12-01-2006 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
Hi,

If you leave options as default in SubD >> Polys options, tesseltation method will split, the adaptive way.

To get your previous polycount in Poly Mode from a Sub-D, select "vertices" within tesselation method section (transform option box).

Well, I guess there's your problem, and solution, if I understood correctly user added image

Regards, Py.

# 3 12-01-2006 , 01:26 PM
Subscriber
Cheers Pyrus, that worked a treat!

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.