Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-06-2009 , 01:07 AM

MAYA N

HI EVERYBODY
WELL I`M WORKING ON A CHARACTER THAT I`M MODELING, AND I`VE FOUND THIS SOFTWARE -ZBRUSH- IT LOOKS PRETTY COOL AND CAN WORK WITH MAYA AS WELL...
MY QUESTION IS IF SOMEONE HAS WORKED WITH IT AND IF IT IS WORTH TO WASTE TIME AND EFFORT LEARNING ZBRUSH.......................CAUSE IN THIS FEW DAYS I`VE BEEN TRYING ZBRUSH-MAYA WORKING, AND I`REALIZED THAT THERE ARE SOME PROBLEMS WITH OUR MODEL`S TOPOLOGY IMPORTING AND EXPORTING FROM A PROGRAM TO ANOTHER...

THAK U GUYS IN ADVANCE

# 2 30-06-2009 , 01:59 AM
Subscriber
HOW FAMILIAR ARE YOU WITH ZBRUSH AND MAYA AND ARE YOU USING MORPH TARGETS?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 30-06-2009 , 02:11 AM
yes well worth it maya to zbrush, 3dmax to zbrush, any of the major 3d modelling apps to zbrush is basically an industry standard pipeline especially now for games due to its ease of exporting normal maps etc.

# 4 30-06-2009 , 07:07 AM
Zbrush is well worth getting into. Though I do stress you will have to get into it to get the best out of it.

As for the exporting and importing of models, theres lot of tutorials online regarding this, the Zbrush wiki page with the instructions/tutorials on there are well worth a read over as you need to change settings from default.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 30-06-2009 , 03:37 PM
Zbrush is definitely worth learning, especially once GoZ comes out, it will make exporting and importing models from 3d packages like maya to zbrush even easier. It will be a little frustrating at first tweaking everything, but once you figure that out your models will look great.

# 6 01-07-2009 , 12:54 AM
OK¡
IT LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE SPENDING SOME MORE NIGHTS LEARNING ZBRUSH...NIGHTS WITHOUT SLEEPING HERE I GO¡¡¡¡
HEHEHEHE user added image

HEY CHIRONE, I´M DOING WELL WITH MAYA BUT AFTER DOING SO MUCH TUTORIALS AND TRYING TO MAKE MY OWN CHARACTER I´VE FOUND THAT THERE´S A LONG LONG WAY FOR ME TO DO PERFECT MODELS...AND ZBRUSH...WELL JUST STARTING......MORPH TARGETS? user added image

THIS LEADS MY TO ANOTHER ONE: "which is the software that u can call "a must" when working with Maya"

THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS...

AND HERE IS A PIC OF "Chump" THE ONE WHO LEAD ME TO ZBRUSH =D

https://srv01.simply3dworld.com/showt...threadid=32676

# 7 01-07-2009 , 02:18 AM
caps lock.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 8 01-07-2009 , 02:21 AM
Subscriber
IT MIGHT BE HARD FOR HIM TO SEE SO THAT'S WHY IM ALSO TYPING IN CAPS...

DYEGO: GO TO THE ZCLASSROOM AND CHECK OUT THE ONLINE TUTORIALS ON THAT

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 9 01-07-2009 , 02:58 AM
I THINK HE MAY USE A FOREIGN KEYBOARD, SO CAPS ARE EASIER TO TYPE WITH

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 10 01-07-2009 , 04:32 PM
Ok Ok
no more CAPS on my messages