Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-01-2004 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber

Back in the saddle, again

Well, after many months in 3dsmax I have decided to start concentrating my energies on learning Maya again.

I first dabbled in Maya in v4.5 several months ago. After winning a copy of 3dsmax, I decided to dive in and see what I could do. While 3dsmax is a quite capable program I've rediscovered Maya after opening Maya 5 PLE and watching a few video tutorials.

:bgreen:

To my delight - and a previous misunderstanding of texture mapping in Maya - I came to realize how much more user-friendly Maya is compared to my initial experience. Which was based on what "seemed" to be an intimidating interface in Hypershade.

After playing with Maya 5 the past three days, and watching some excellent video tutorials, I realized it's time to give Maya another go. Now, the trick is to come up with $2,000 to get the full licensed version. In the meantime I will be content with learning it through the PLE. With one complaint, that bloody watermark makes renders almost impossible to analyze. But, oh well. The effort will be worth it, I believe, until I can get the full version.

# 2 09-01-2004 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber
welcom back.